I crossed the bridge
As I passed the cliff
I saw the sharp edges
Knowing if I fell
My body would be torn
My skull would be shattered
With my blood on the rocks
As I passed the great rift
I saw the treacherous waters
With its grand swelling waves
And frightening powerful whirlpools
That would suck in
Even the mightiest swimmer
As I walked
On this quivering bridge
As I could not see land
I became very afraid
But I heard a horn
From a great distance
Calling me forward
As I kept stepping
Plank after plank
The closer I got
The louder the call got
From a hundred miles
I heard drums
Invoking me onward
From fifty miles
I heard shouts
Leading me further forward
From ten miles away
I dashed to the finish line
And I found
A huge party just for me
No comments:
Post a Comment